Stormy Morning vineyard
Stormy Morning Vineyard is located in the Coastal Foothills northwest of the Yamhill-Carlton AVA where it experiences cooler conditions than the less exposed vineyards of the Yamhill-Carlton AVA. Though it shares the rich profiles of the Yamhill-Carlton AVA wines, the wines from Stormy Morning present themselves with more red accents to the fruit, rather than the blue, almost purple flavors of the warmer sites of Yamhill-Carlton.
- Farmers: Bill and Mary Lowblad
- Year Planted: 2001
- Acreage under vine: 10
- Soils: Kinton Silt Loam (Ancient marine sediments). Bands of Iron rich soil approximately 6-7 feet below throughout the vineyard
- Elevation: 250 – 500 feet
- Farming: Organic
Johan Vineyards is located in the Van Duzer corridor southwest of the Eola-Amity Hills AVA, experiencing cooler, more maritime influences than the further inland vineyards of the Eola-Amity Hills AVA.
- Farmers: Dan Rinke and Dag Sundby
- Years Planted: 2002 and 2009
- Acreage under vine: 62
- Soils: Santiam, Steiwer, and Helvetia (Ancient marine sediments)
- Elevation: 290 feet
- Farming: Biodynamic, and regenerative
Molly’s Vineyard is planted on a knoll hugging the banks of the Tualatin River, surrounded by a band of Oregon conifers. The vineyard is not too far outside of the Cascade foothills, and the soils are of a sedimentary series originating from the ancient Missoula floods.
- Farmers: Darrel Roby
- Year Planted: 2000
- Soils: Columbia River basalt, loess
- Farming: Organic
Steelhead Run Vineyard
Steelhead Run Vineyard is located deep in the Applegate Valley in the SW part of the Rogue Valley of Southern Oregon. The Applegate Valley is unique for its riverwash soils including granite in the forms of gravel, boulders, and sand deposited from the Applegate River carrying ancient parts of the nearby mighty Siskiyou mountain range.
- Farmers: Ron Burley
- Year Planted: 1993
- Soils: Camas, Newberg, Evans
- Elevation: 1300 feet
- Farming: Organic, LIVE certified